Pumpkin Spice, we hear it EVERYWHERE LOL! But, I love pumpkin spice. The smell, the taste, the feeling that goes with the season, all of it.
Now, finding a yummy AND healthy snack recipe for this time of year (or anytime really) is difficult. I started searching recipes and playing around with different ingredients and finally came up with this delicious treat.
It is Grain Free which is wonderful because of my digestive issues, Gluten Free which helps with my inflammation issues and Dairy Free because I just started that!
Feel free to swap out any ingredients, this is my version for my lifestyle, and I know it is fabulous as is 🙂
- Grain Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free Pumpkin Spice Granola
- Dry Ingredients:
- 2 cups pecans
- 1 cup almonds
- ½ cup flaxseeds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- ½ cup dried cranberries (or your favorite dried fruit)
- 1 cup coconut flakes unsweetened
- Wet Ingredients:
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 TBSP Pumpkin pie Spice Mix
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Combine water, maple syrup and coconut oil, salt, pumpkin spice. Once it starts boiling, boil for 1 min.
- Set aside, add vanilla
- Combine all dry ingredients. Add syrup mixture.
- Use 2 or more cookie sheets. Spray olive oil and place a thin layer of granola on each sheet
- Turn every 30 minutes for 2 hours.
- Serving size is ½ cup.