Chipotle Chili (SS, CC)
Depending on where you live, Chili is a great meal to warm up and enjoy during those cold winter nights. But this chili will be a great addition all year round being gluten free and low glycemic. If you are looking for a healthier version to help you on your wellness journey, you have to try this recipe. Delicious, yummy and no guilt! You can catch a live version of me cooking this recipe on PeriGirlsTV 1/15/17 at 6 PM EST . The replay will be available.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup canned chipotle minced in adobo sauce
- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef ( I use grass fed ground beef)
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 2 TBSP cumin
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups red kidney beans (I substituted black beans)
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, and garlic and cook 4
- minutes, stirring occasionally or until onion is softened.
- Add the cumin, chili powder, chipotle and beef and cook 5 minutes, stirring to break up the beef.
- Add tomatoes and beans, cook until thick for about 15 minutes.
During the live show on PeriGirlsTV on Periscope, which you can view HERE, a viewer suggested dark chocolate to add to the chili. I had some semi sweet morsels from Enjoy Life and wow I really liked the taste. You can adapt this recipe to your needs, you can use ground turkey or chicken or even add quinoa. Enjoy!
This recipe is from TLS which is available on my site along with many other low glycemic recipes. This specific recipe is listed for the Sure and Steady Plan and The Continued Commitment. You can learn more at laughlovegetfit.com